facebooktwitterpinterestrss feedemail

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Map Art (with a heart)

Yay!  Our computer is up and running again!  Thank goodness, too.  I love my iphone, but my eyes couldn't take one more day of using that little screen to check in on my etsy shop and emails.


Any way, with Valentines day just a few days off I thought I'd share a project with a heart. :)  I know you've seen heart map art like THIS one and THIS one, too.  Love them.  I thought it was a such a sweet idea.


I made my own version by printing a free map I found online.  If you do a google image search for the map of your state you'll get loads of results.  
I cut the word "home" from card stock and then stitched (to the best of my very limited ability) a heart with red thread around our home.  



The frame was one of those fabulous $5 frames from Walmart.  I love those frames!  Perfect price for crafting.






Find me participating at:
Craft-O-Maniac
Pinkapotamus
Sugar Bee Crafts
A Diamond in the Stuff

3 comments:

Janet said...

What a great idea! I really love your version, the stitched heart is the perfect touch. I'm excited now to make one for myself and maybe some to give away as gifts. Thanks Jenny. :)

Karen said...

Love this idea! Looks adorable! Thanks for sharing it:)

Unknown said...

This is such a sweet, simple idea.. I love it! What a great decoration for all year! Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink hippo Party.. can't wait to see what you share next!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails